Over the past year or so, our creative team had the opportunity to talk with multiple organizations about their needs for a rebrand. We thought it might be helpful to share some insightful thoughts with you if you are considering creating a fresh new looking for your organization.
Here are 5 reasons why your non-profit might consider rebranding:
- To attract new donor audiences: many of our non-profit clients have a strong empty nester donor base. However, as they look for the next generation in sustainable stewardship, many organizations are looking to onboard young families, which lean towards a different communication style. This needs to be reflected in their branding moving forward. A refreshed brand can help attract new supporters whose core values already align with your organization, expanding its reach and increasing its impact.
- To modernize their image: As time passes, a nonprofit's brand identity might become outdated or appear old-fashioned, and a rebrand can help update the organization's image and messaging to appeal to a new generation of supporters. A professional rebrand should pay homage to the legacy of the organization's history while giving a glimpse of an exciting new look of growth for the future.
- To clarify the organization's mission: A nonprofit will need to rebrand in order to better communicate its core mission and value to its existing audience. This makes it easier for people to understand what the organization does and why it matters. Supports often only have a limited understanding of the holistic approach your organization carries in everything your team does. Taking the time to have a "brand assessment", helps show existing perceptions that your current donors and board members have about your organization. If perception does not meet reality, an effective re-brand could fix that.
- To overcome negative perceptions: A nonprofit may rebrand to distance itself from past negative publicity or misconceptions, allowing it to start fresh and better communicate its positive impact. The world is constantly changing, and it's important for nonprofits to stay relevant in order to remain effective in their mission. Rebranding can help your organization remain current and relevant in a rapidly evolving world.
- To reflect changes in the organization: If a nonprofit has gone through significant changes, such as a new leadership team, a partnership with another organization, or a shift in its focus area of your programming, a rebrand can help reflect these changes and position the organization for future success.
Overall, rebranding can help your nonprofit or small business refresh its image, better communicate its mission, and attract new supporters, ultimately leading to increased impact and success. Confidant Co. can help you do just that, sign up for a discovery call today.